One of the many benefits of having a large number of Muslims here in the UK is that we get magnificent gems like this on the shelves of our supermarkets:
As you can see it follows the basic design of an Advent Calendar, they even have the cardboard flavour chocolates – however they aren’t in different shapes.
The most interesting thing about it is that there is a question on each door. Here are a few examples (highlight to reveal answers)
- What is the afternoon prayer called? Asr
- How many Gods do we believe in? One God, Allah
- Who was the last prophet? Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)
- Are we all equal in Islam? Yes
- What is Hajj? Pilgrima
- Where is the Ka’aba? In Makkah
- What is the night of Al’Qadr? The ‘Night of Power’, a blessed night in Islam
My three personal favourites which I believe sum up the Islamic mentality –
How many fasts have you kept so far? MASHA ALLAH, WELL DONE!
How many times did you pray today? MASHA ALLAH, A MUSLIM MUST PRAY FIVE TIMES PER DAY!
Can you say the kalima? LAILLAHILALLAHMUHAMMADURRASOOLLULLAH.
If you are a Muslim, or if you just have an interest in Jesus Christ do not hesitate to contact me, I have a few booklets which could be of great help to you. They were written by a converted Muslim I know. Check them out here.